Starting this month, we’ll be holding public community meetings regarding Collaboration Infrastructure every other Wednesday at 9am PST (my timezone) for 45 minutes. The inaugural meeting will be 15 November 2017.
(Subscribe to this Google Calendar for a list of all Sustainability Program community calls.)
The purpose of these community calls is to discuss, answer questions, brainstorm, and work together on issues related to NumFOCUS’ Collaboration Infrastructure.
The exact definition and scope of “Collaboration Infrastructure” isn’t quite set. At a minimum, it includes the tools I (Christie, Projects Director) have deployed as part of the Sustainability Program. Presently this includes this Wiki, our Zulip chat server, etherpad, and Discourse. It may grow to include other tools needed or used by NumFOCUS staff, community members, contributors, or member projects in order to get their NumFOCUS-related work done.
Any topic related to collaboration needs of NumFOCUS staff, community members, contributors, or member projects is appropriate for the Collaboration Infrastructure community call.
For example, all of these topic areas are relevant and appropriate:
- questions about how to use any of the existing collaboration tools
- suggestions, feature requests, and other proposals related to modifying any of our existing collaboration tools
- requests, questions, and proposals related to the documentation of our collaboration tools
- proposals requesting NumFOCUS deploy a new collaboration tools or retire an old one
- questions and proposals about the way the community meeting itself should work
- presentation of best practices or other kinds of lessons learned about collaboration tools (that we’re currently using or that we’re not)
- challenges you are having regarding collaboration that you would like to get feedback about from the group
Who May Attend
Anyone interested in the topic!
Via Zulip webchat
Via Zoom (teleconferece)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/151112588
Or iPhone one-tap :
- US: +16468769923,151112588# or +16699006833,151112588#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)：
- US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968
- Meeting ID: 151 112 588
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=ymJR-W3K6q_iLcZZTupp78fTHy9TPMaq
Agenda and Meeting Notes
The next meeting is Wednesday, 15 November at 9am PST (my timezone). Agenda: https://pad.numfocus.org/p/collab-infra-2017-11-15